Monday 20 August 2012

001

Hello friends!

About four weeks ago I discovered I was pregnant. It seemed like a good thing to write a blog about, so that's my excuse. (Is saying that breaking some kind of fourth wall? Yeah. I know what I'm doing.)

I'm young -- over two decades younger than my mother was when I was born, and even her mother was well into her forties. And I could tell you about all my other special sparkly princess problems which complicate my impending motherhood but I don't want to shoot my wad, so basically: if we consulted a jury of goody-two-shoes Brady Bunch middle-class supermothers (and you know how they love to be on a jury), they would tell me it's "not the right time."

Nevertheless, for me getting pregnant felt curiously right, as though something had shifted my life onto another set of tracks, and to undo it would be trying to turn back something which needed to go forward. So, tomorrow my little intruder will be 8 weeks into its cooking time. Good luck soldier!

As for me, pregnancy aside: I'm a beginner knitter, somebody who writes stuff like blogs and poems and stories and that, a dumpster diver, a hitch-hiker and a casual reader of tarot cards. My partner-in-crime is an angry busker with hair long enough to use as a means of trapping large game animals. He hates hang drums and players thereof, but loves the Foetus.

The term 'kaleidoscopic foetus' was originally a joke band name Angry Busker came up with when we had to call ourselves something for a gig. (It was MERCILESSLY shot down.) Wiki says "kaleidoscope" is derived from the Ancient Greek καλός (kalos), "beautiful, beauty",[2] εἶδος (eidos), "that which is seen: form, shape"[3] and σκοπέω (skopeō), "to look to, to examine",[4] hence "observer of beautiful forms," which still kinda works!

Tomorrow morning at stupid o' clock is our first midwife appointment. See you there. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment